Saturday, November 21, 2015

Week 76: Stop the clock!‏

Dear family and friends,
Wow.  It`s Monday, yet again!  If I start thinking about how fast the time is going, it makes me a little sick to my stomach.  I`m sad and scared to leave the mission bubble!  Good thing I love you all a lot, because otherwise I`d probably spend the rest of my life in Nicaragua.
Let´s go backwards to see how much I can remember from this week:
Today, it was our zone`s turn to have interviews with President Russell!  It was my shortest interview ever.  Basically, ¨Keep working hard.  Be tough on your investigators.  Bring people to church.¨  And we passed our apartment cleaning check to receive brownies from Hermana Russell!
Yesterday, we had some miracles at church.  One of them was Mirella.  We had given her one last chance before dropping her, since she`s been an eternal investigator since February yet still doesn`t keep her commitments consistently and can`t get baptized until her husband`s divorce comes through.  On Wednesday, she told us adamantly she wasn`t coming to church.  As we left, we said, ¨We´ll see you on Sunday!  We know you`ll make a good decision!  We love you!¨  Then no contact with her until we arrive at church to find her sitting in sacrament meeting in a skirt (first time wearing a skirt!).  I love her!
Another miracle: José Amilcar.  We passed by to bring Maria Fernanda to church (she`s actually super awesome and reads and has a testimony of Joseph Smith) but she was hiding from us.  Her ¨brother-in-law¨ of sorts comes out as we`re waiting at the door, so we say somewhat jokingly, ¨I guess you`ll just have to come to take her place!¨  And he actually came!  We went to his house later and he was simply grinning from ear to ear.  He loved church and feels that God called him to make a change in his life, so he easily accepted a baptismal date for December 19th!
Friday: We did divisions with the Sister Training Leaders.  I was with Hermana Hancock in her area.  She has such a laid-back personality and we had fun working hard together.  
Also on Friday, we had a great district meeting on helping our investigators to recognize the promptings of the Spirit.  I noticed a lot more the presence of the Holy Ghost in our teaching and throughout the day.  In the past few days, I`ve learned a LOT about how to recognize and follow the Spirit!  Why did it take me so long?!
Well, I love you lots and I have so much more I would love to say, but the time escapes me!
Remember to read your scriptures and pray, pray, pray!
-Hermana Hansen

P.S.  Did I ever mention that Hermana Lord is basically the same person as Angie Arnoldsen?  Can I even tell you how hard that makes it to focus, walking around all day with your best friend?!  Ang, I can`t wait for you two to room together at Snow!

Transportation photos in a mototaxi!  I love Nicaragua!

No comments:

Post a Comment