Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 26: ¡Felíz Acción de Gracias!

Hey, all!

This week´s email may be a short one, since I spent more time reading and responding to all your happy news and sweet emails.  I really do have the best family and friends!  Heavenly Father must love me a whole bunch!

So, transfers!  It was hard to say goodbye to Hermana Estrada after 12 weeks together.  Luckily, a thoughtful recent convert made sure to pray that I ¨would be able to survive the emotional trauma of separating from my beloved companion,¨ so I think I received extra blessings for that heartfelt prayer.  But seriously, it was a bittersweet parting as I sent her off to reunite with her family and meet my new companion.  We have become good friends!

My new companion is Hermana Gomez from Guatemala.  She has almost 5 months in the mission and is excited to work hard.  We´re still trying to get in the flow of teaching together, but it will come with time and practice!

Our new district is super ¨young¨... Hermana Gonzales and I both have 6 months and are the oldest in the mission.  The district leader just finished his training.  It´s good, because we´re all excited to work and progress!

We had a Thanksgiving dinner as a zone on Thursday, which was super fun.  It didn´t even make me trunky, because I realized that I only have one or two opportunities in my whole life to eat Thanksgiving dinner in Nicaragua instead of all the regular Thanksgiving traditions at home.  I´m definitely thankful for each one of you wonderful people and all that you add to my life!

Church cleaning has become a weekly service, but we´re trying to train the ward to do it and work ourselves out of a job. :)  This Saturday we were accompanied by Elizabeth and Yorlieth (the recent converts in last week´s photo) and it went a lot faster.  Woohoo!

Sorry for the lame email, I´ll try to be more inspiring / positive / eloquent next week.  But I´ll attach pictures now to make up for it!

Love you all immensely!

-Hermana Hansen


1) Further evidence that Nicaraguan niños are adorable!

2) District activity: cooking eggs over a fire in the mountains of the Elders´ area!

3) First photo together

4) Distrito Loma Fresca is full of ánimo!

5) Thanksgiving dinner close-up

6) Happy Thanksgiving from Hermana Hansen and Hermana Gomez!






No comments:

Post a Comment